Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Humble Student

I've often thought of myself as an eternal student. Those closest to me know that isn't so. I tend to run on and on about any subject until I discover I'm out on a limb. I'm always trying to fill the teacher shoes while wearing the student persona.

My teenage son just recently reminded me, "You don't know everything." He is right. I don't. At times, I believe I know enough. At other times, I don't know enough but am confident I can discover what I need to know. And then, there are other times, I am completely without an answer. It is the answerless times that confound me and give free reign to emotion. I think I'm comfortable with calling these times... being lost. They have the feeling of being adrift at sea with no land in sight and no passing ships to call out to for help.


When I reach these moments, I'm ready to become teachable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment