Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Three R's: Rest, Relaxation, Rewriting My Book

I love this spot. No computers, no cell towers, cut off from the outside world except for a gravel road. I spent some time here last week to fly fish along Penn's Creek. I caught fish, spent time with my brother and a mutual friend of ours who went to the same college we did. You would think time stands still here. But it didn't. I spent almost a week fishing and writing. Time flew by so quick it made my head spin. Time seems to do that as I get older. Time is fleeting like this humming bird...


Notice that the feeder is almost empty. We replaced it soon after this picture was taken. Sometimes I feel like this Humming Bird, so busy looking for places to find sources of nourishment. (More for the soul than the body.) This is the place where I recharge. Even when I'm recharging I gain ground on creative energy. I was able to edit eight chapters of my WIP (work in progress.) I wonder when I will be finished. Everybody wonders when I'll be finished. I've packed up and returned home. I've been pretty much constantly writing since I returned. I'm already contemplating my return next year. Perhaps I'll get to sit in this chair and think back to when I finished my book and found a publisher. Perhaps...

So until next year, I will write and dream of cool streams and Humming Birds. I'll try not to wish away the time, because every second is precious. I will borrow from the energy I found here.
May you find a similar spot to draw on the energy of rest and relaxation.
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment