Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm Hungry for something...

I'm hungry for something. I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't know that it is food. I just need something more... than this.

Did you ever feel that way? It's kinda like I've moved to the little town called Bland, Virginia. It's a nowhere kind of place. I decided to go to church there one Sunday and the people leaving the Church building said, "We aren't having church today." It about knocked me over.

Even so, some would say that emptiness is my need to have a relationship with God. I already have that. There is something else missing though. It's like I've reached a place where I'm no longer satisfied with allowing life to pass me by. I don't like walking through the woods and looking back to see no footprints.

I'm missing a legacy. I feel like the hole left in the water when you pull your finger out. There is no hole. Therefore, I must write. This is the accounting. This is my giving back. I have something of value to share. To quote a famous movie line, "I will not go quietly into the night." I have a purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm.....purpose. We all struggle with that one. I started doing a gratitude journal when I separated so that it would remind me of the simple pleasures in life; it is so easy to get caught up in the should have and would haves. It did guide me to the realization that I am happiest when I am outdoors or helping others. You are fortunate in so many ways, and you are blessed with a talent that you can share. I look forward to seeing more of your writing and thought provoking ideas. Thanks for being my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete